Thursday, July 24, 2008

New House

This summer has been a whirlwind. I've had a hard time knowing where to start updating this blog. For now I'll start with our house...

Our friends in our ward, the Brown's, decided to move to Utah. I visit taught Shannon and loved her house. In passing, I told Jared how beautiful the Brown's house was. Jared asked Brother Brown at church what he could do to help him move and he said "Well, you could buy my house." We both thought that was funny. Then later we looked at the Brown's house....and to make a long story short, we decided to buy it!

Our house went on the market May 8th. Four offers and TONS of STRESS later, we sold our house. It was sad for me to leave my first house of my own. I spent four years working on updating and remodeling it. We painted all the ceilings, walls, doors, and mouldings. Plus we updated light fixtures, master bath, took down wall paper, and more. It was a labor of love.

Since I've spent so much time with our first house, the new house had to be move-in ready. And it is! The walls are all the right colors and the house is in excellent shape. It's 6 years old. I'm really excited to have a sprinkler system too! So here are some pictures of our new house:




Livingroom (view from the kitchen table)

Some of the backyard -- I love sitting on the swing and looking at all of the pretty flowers.

Kitchen (view from the livingroom)

First room you see when you walk in the front door



5 comments:

Becky said...

It's beautiful!! Congratulations, Stephanie! Very exciting.

Caitlin said...

Holy cow Steph! Congratulations! It's beautiful! . . . Right now I just can't wait to get into a house, though that probably won't happen until Rob finishes grad school (which he's starting this fall). :)

Chantelle and Fam said...

WOAH!!!!!........It's so........Beautiful! Congratulations!!!
Chantelle

Devin and Melinda said...

It's gorgeous!! I am so glad that it is move-in ready..doesn't get much better than that!

Tamara said...

It's so pretty! You've done a great job getting it all put together so fast.