**Only read if you can handle blood.** Lance had ants in his pants today at church so I took him out to the lobby during Sacrament Meeting. He's only happy when he's walking around (he doesn't like to be held much) so I was watching him walk around. All of a sudden Lance tripped on the end table and fell down. His mouth hit the table and cut his lower lip inside and outside of his mouth. The cut protruded from his lip to 1/2" down his face at an angle. As with any facial wound, blood squirts everywhere. Before I knew it, I had a screaming baby and at least 20 onlookers trying to offer their help. Within minutes, we had someone to look after our kids for the rest of the day, someone who got Jared inside the chapel, and someone else carried out our bags to the car.
We rushed Lance to an urgent care clinic only to be told that he may need stitches from a plastic surgeon since it was a facial wound that was on the lips and we needed to make sure that the lips healed properly (and not crooked). So we then headed to the emergency room at Medical City in Dallas. Lance was attended to by several doctors who finally decided that the cut was superficial on the outside. So they determined that stitches weren't necessary. After a long debate, they chose to have dermabond (a liquid glue) put on his injury on the outside of his face. The inside cut will just heal on its own. As a side note, each time anyone needed to exam Lance, he would literally freak out and had to be held down by Jared & I and the doctor. It was very straining!
Now I pray that the wound will heal properly. I thought about taking a picture but it just grossed me out. It brings back too many memories from two years ago when Alexa split her tongue in half and had to go to the ER (on a Sunday too). Oh the joys of being a parent...
Sunday, November 16, 2008
ER
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Glad to hear that Lance just needed the "super glue". I would still like to see a picture when you feel up to taking one.
Wow. Crazy. Church is apparently more dangerous than we orginally thought. I'm glad he was determined to be mostly okay without any major medical proceedures required. Thanks for not posting the bloody reality of it. I can handle talking about it but not seeing it. Ewww!
I was wondering what was up with you guys. We were sitting behind you, and couldn't help but notice all the strange goings on at your pew. I'm sorry that Lance was hurt. I'm glad that he's on the mend. Hope you got some rest last night.
Sorry to hear that. I hope everything will heal completely for him. I wouldn't have minded a picture... I just watched a c-section so I could handle it :)
Yikes! I hope I miss that parenting joy.
Yeh, thanks for sparing bloody pictures. Hope he heals fast. He looks good in the pictures after he was back home.
Whoa--scary story. I hope little Lance will heal quickly. I'll keep him in my prayers.
Good thing you were at church, so you had help. That is one to write in the baby book.
Ryan - They let you watch the C-section? Scott had to stay behind the curtain for mine.
Lashelle
Yikes! Even if you have trouble with blood, when your child needs you, you turn into auto pilot! Glad he is going to be okay. That is scary.
Poor guy! Glad to know he's ok.
Yikes! Isn't it fun being a parent. I agree that church is a good place for something to happen because you have all those people to help you. Glad that it wasn't as bad as originally thought. Hope he heals properly. Love you
Oh, thank heavens for that super glue stuff. Where was that when I was getting stitches 11 times as a kid?!?
Post a Comment