Monday, June 9, 2008

Moving Friends

My ward right now has 10 families moving out this summer. I'm sad to see them leave since I do a lot of things with some of them. There was a farewell party for 3 of the families on Saturday. Thanks to the Frost's for throwing a GREAT party!

L to R: Sara Blacker, Teri Cisneros, Yukimi Cohen, Teresa Frost, Stephanie, Shelley McClellan, Anna Smith, Emily Gillespie, Amy Pierce. (Bottom Row): Shannon Brown, Joy Shepherd, & Emily Bell.

Yukimi, Anna, & Shannon are moving this month. Emily Bell is moving later this summer. And the Shepherd's and us are moving to different houses within our ward boundaries. It's a lot of change!

Alexa is so sad that her best friend, Avery Smith, is moving to Utah this week. She will miss you Avery!

9 comments:

Caroline said...

It's always sad to see friends go! Thank goodness for the internet making it easier to keep up with people :)

Ashley said...

Oh wow that is a lot of moving! So who is Alexa going to eat macaroni and cheese with now:) haha jk! I can't wait till you come up here in July!

Blacker Blog said...

I'm so sad it's actually happening! I'm excited for your move, though.

Tamara said...

Looks like a really fun party. I can't believe all of these people are up and moving and leaving us! It's so sad but I'm glad you guys found a way to have some fun even though we're being abandoned by so many awesome families! We'll miss them!

Teryl said...

It feels like we are loosing a third of our ward all at once. It's kind of sad. Does this happen every year? Since I'm still kind of new, I'm trying to get the feel of things. It looks like you had a great party to send them all off.

France said...

That is hard when people move. We just had three families move out of our ward that had boys the same age as Jackson. He is missing them in nursery. When I was gettin him ready for church last week and we were talking about nursery he said, "The boys won't be there." Everytime we go the park where we had playgroup he asks where the boys are. I am missing their moms too. We had fun visiting. Alexa sure is a cutie! Lashelle

Maria said...

Moving is so much work! I don't envy you moving! Now that you have your house all fixed up are you moving to start over with another one or is this a newer home?

Stephanie Johnson said...

Maria - we're moving 1/2 mile away to a very nice house that's move-in ready. I don't have the time or energy to be fixing up another house. We're excited to have more room. But we will miss our first house that we invested so much time, thought, & money into. Pray that we sell it soon!

Sharon Beck said...

What a lot of families to move from one ward. Is that usual in your ward? Why are so many moving? That's great that you are able to get into a bigger nicer home. Marilyn told me you have a really nice house now. You'll have to send a room by room pictures so we'll be in the know! I'm happy for you.