Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Birthday MOM!

These pictures were taken in October 2007 when my mom & dad came for Lance's birth!

The picture captions:
My Mom swinging Alexa in our backyard.
My mom holding Lance just minutes after she witnessed his birth.
Mom, Dad, Alexa, & I brought pizza to Dallin's school and had lunch with him just days before Lance was born.










Here's wishing my mom a happy birthday! She is the best mom in the world. My mom has been there to help me through everything. She's always willing to listen. And she's fun to talk to. I've always liked that I don't have to have a reason to call my mom. I love the technology of cell phones so we can talk whenever we want for free. Mom, thanks for being there for me and for living such a great life! I love telling people about the great family that I have and it's because of you and Dad! Happy Birthday!

And for those who know my mom, please feel free to comment. I even have "anonymous" comments for those that don't have a log-in. Ahem, Melanie! :) I know she will read all of the comments! :)

14 comments:

Becky said...

I don't know your mom but I have to say that this is such a cute way of saying, "Happy Birthday", long distance. I will have to remember that for when I move. Everyone will be long distance then. Oh and Happy Birthday to your mom.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Marilyn! You are one of Jeremy's favorite Aunts. Out of all the cousins I know really well, most are your kids. You have a great family, thanks for being such a great Aunt.

Anonymous said...

How fun! Thanks for the wonderful birthday Blog and the presents!:) I LOVED hearing Alexa & Dallin sing to me--I've already played it several times! Thanks Dallin & Alexa. Love to all of you, Mom/Grandma

Ashley said...

Stephanie what a great post:) I also esp. loved the video Dallin and Alexa are so cute. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! love ya!

Michelle said...

Happy birthday, Aunt Marilyn! It was so great to spend time with you at Women's Conference a few weeks ago. I love you!
~Michelle

Sharon Beck said...

Stephanie, I loved your birthday blog to your mom. Dallen and Alexa did such a cute job of singing Happy Birthday to their Grandma Chapple.
It was great talking to you tonight Marilyn. You're so easy to talk to and always seem like you have all the time in the world--and yet I know differently, 'cause you keep yourself very busy and accomplish alot--esp. for your age! Ha! I feel so fortunate to be close to you and to have a sister of your caliber. You are one of my best friends. You make me want to be a better person whenever I am with you and have been a huge help to me throughout the years. I love you! Happy Birthday!

France said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Marilyn! Good idea Stephanie. I feel so lucky to have such an amazing aunt (you are one of my favorite 9 aunts :-)). I've been looking at old photos lately (check out my blog) and it just reminded me all the fun things we use to do together as families. We are so lucky to have such a close extended family. I didn't realize how lucky I was until I went to college and realized not everyones family is like that. I agree with Stephanie and A. Sharon, you are very fun to visit with. I still remember the time you made me a cupcake or cake (can't remember which) for my birthday and hid money it that was wrapped in tinfoil. Thanks for the great example you have been to me. Hope you had a good birthday! Lashelle

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, MOM! You are the best Mom a person could ask for. Anytime we call, you are willing to visit with us or help us out with anything we need. I feel so blessed that you & Dad did without "things" so that you could stay at home with us and raise us. I feel very blessed to be part of a large, wonderful family. Thanks for being the best Mom. I love you, Melanie
P.S. Stephanie, thanks for thinking of me and making it possible for me to comment. One of these days I will set up a gmail account so that I can comment anytime time! :-)

Sarah Chapple said...

Happy Birthday Grandma!
Your the best grandma a girl could have. I LOVE you!

Sarah

chapples8 said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. They made my day even more wonderful than it was. I had a great birthday and heard from many people--even LIVE visits from some.:)

Tamara said...

She is such a cute little mom. What a fun birthday greeting!

Blacker Blog said...

I don't think I've ever heard so many words out of Alexa's mouth before!

Jason said...

I know this is a little late but Happy Birthday Aunt Marilyn! I have so many good memories of being at the Chapple house as a kid and playing with Ryan and later Ashley too. I'm glad Aunt Marilyn let me come over and play! Oh and I had to comment on the comment you left on our blog about the couple in your ward with a girl named Brooklyn that met on their mission in Brooklyn. Did you know that Melody and I met in Brooklyn on our missions? How old is the couple in your ward? That's crazy.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Jason, I did remember that you & Melody met on your missions in NY. The couple in our ward is in their mid 30's. I was watching home videos last night that my parents converted to DVD's. You were in it at Justin's airport homecoming in SLC.