My sweet, little Alexa turned four years old! She is a joy to have around. Alexa loves to be held (but at 27 pounds it's still manageable) and loves to always be right there with anything I do. Sometimes that can be a pain but overall she's such a sweetie. We've been counting down for a month. Alexa is very decisive and knows exactly what she wants down to the very detail. One of those things was a Dora party with a pink cake. I've had in mind to make her a bubblegum machine cake and had to "clear" it with Alexa to use a rainbow of colors for the gumballs (she really wanted EVERYTHING to be PINK). So on Saturday we hosted Alexa's very first friend birthday party with 5 friends + 2 of their sisters came + Alexa. Thank goodness our toy room is large enough for lots of kids! :)
L to R: Julia & Heidi Grant, Hailey Erickson (front), Carolyn Maggard, Alexa, Dallin, Isabella Maggard (hiding - in red), (back) Kate Peterson, Amariah Isom.
Carolyn had a lot of fun playing "Pin the Tail on the Donkey". I wonder where all of the four-year-old girls are?
This game of "Duck, Duck, Goose" only lasted a couple of minutes. I guess four-year-olds are all too reserved to do formal games like this. Instead we: (see next picture)
...played with toys a majority of the time. After all, what's a party when you can't hold a baby doll and pretend at the kitchen?!?
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Alexa's Birthday Party!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow! That cake is really beautiful! Awesome job!
Great job on the cake! Super cute.
Looks like a fun Birthday Party! The cake does look awesome! I think i would have a hard time eating it after all that work! hehe!
Sounds like fun. The cake looks great!
I knew you could do it--the cake looks great! They're so much work I know. Sounds like "Pink" Alexa's party and birthday went well.:)
What a fun party. I am looking forward to the time when Jackson can ride a bike so we can go on bike rides. You did a really good job on the cake. Lashelle
I LOVE that cake! And I love the way her name was different than the rest of the writing, very cute.
Happy Birthday Alexa!
Chantelle
Happy Birthday, Alexis! Great Job Steph!
That's an awesome cake! it's perfect for Alexa! I'm hoping I can make a cute cake for Ethan's birthday!
Post a Comment