Monday, February 7, 2011

Pink & brown dots


This is Alexa's very messy dresser. Quite often I help her clean it off but it gets cluttered very quickly. Well, I came up with a solution... (read on)...

This dresser was given to us but needed a makeover. I drilled screws into each side of the dresser so the drawers don't fall out when Alexa opens them all of the way.



Next I painted it the same brown as her bedskirt.

Then I worked with a lady that I have do vinyl lettering for me and had three different pinks and beige circles cut out. I figured out a pattern similar to her bedspread and spent hours measuring and taping off before applying the vinyl circles to her dresser. I finished it all off by adding drawer knobs.



And the finished dresser! She LOVES it and loves having more room than her other dresser.

This is the solution to the messy dresser. I removed the lids of baby wipes tubs and 9 of them fit in this top drawer. Now she has an organized place to put everything from her pencil collection to her jewelry to her hair things to her baby doll bottles. I'm happy and she's happy. It's a win-win situation! :)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks great!

chapples8 said...

Wow, that's a very organized drawer. I really like the way the "dotted" dresser turned ou.t