Monday, August 17, 2009

June happenings - Part 1

June started with Dallin's last day of school. He received lots of great awards at the assembly and throughout the year including Outstanding Academic Excellence Overall. Also, Dallin tested into the gifted program and will start that this upcoming 3rd grade year! :) We're so pleased with how well he does in school.

Dallin, Alexa & Lance spent a whole week at G&G Johnson's house in Houston. It's a yearly tradition that Lance got to be included in this year! As a bonus, their cousin Sydney Evans is living there right now (along with Martin & Cami) so they got to play with Sydney all week.

Sydney Evans, Lance & Alexa (gotta love her morning hair!)

Jared & I took advantage of our kids being gone and did a 3-day anniversary trip (9th Anniversary!). We started by going to the Texas capital building in Austin, TX.

This is the view from the top (4th floor) looking down. I love all of the stars everywhere in this building!

Looking up from the top floor.


We went to a huge waterpark (a must for me on vacations) called Schlitterbahn in a German town of New Braunfels, TX. It was tons of fun and great that we could do whatever we wanted without kids. :P

We did a session in the San Antonio temple. It's one of my all time favorite temples. I love the wall waterfall along with all of the beautiful stained glass windows in nearly every room. Gorgeous temple!

My hot husband!


And my favorite part of the trip was to see the Broadway musical "Wicked" in San Antonio, TX. IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT! I loved every part of it; so worth the expense! I highly recommend this to anyone.

Stay tuned for part 2 of June...

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a great post! Sounds like such a fun anniversary! Congrats on that too!
That's great Dallin is doing so well in school!

Crystal said...

It sounds like fun.

Ashley said...

how fun! that Water park sounds great, I haven't been to a waterpark for awhile. I agree Wicked is SOOOOOO good!

Caroline said...

We loved Wicked too! Let us know next time you come, we have a guest room :)