Friday, June 5, 2009

Firsts for Dallin


April was a big month for Dallin: turning 8, birthday party, surgery, and starting Cub Scouts. Since I'm Dallin's Cub Scout Wolf leader, I made sure that going fishing was one of the first things he did as a new cub scout. We went to a private pond and had an avid fisherman in our ward teach the boys. Dallin bought himself a fishing pole with some of his birthday money. This was his FIRST time to go fishing.



Dallin received his Bobcat at his first pack meeting. It also happened to be an Arrow of Light crossover ceremony for two other boys.

It's not every day that your dad is dressed as an Indian chief for your pack meeting! :)

The faux fire was a cool effect. All the lights were out as the crossover ceremony took place.

I painted Dallin's face as part of him receiving his Bobcat.

This was an all-out pack meeting. Even the brownies had an arrow of light on them!

Dallin and his mom/den leader.

This picture was Dallin's idea... :)

4 comments:

Crystal said...

It looks like alot of fun and work. Thank goodness you are the scoutmaster. That looks like a nightmare calling to me. Kuudos to you!!!!

Caroline said...

Your pictures are way cute. I am my eight year old's den leader too :)

Sharon Beck said...

Enjoyed the pictures of Dallin's first cub scout adventure. That's cool that you are a Wolf Leader. That is something I've never done is served in cub scouts, which is amazing with our having five sons!

chapples8 said...

Way to go Dallin! You'd be a fun cub scout to have in a den. Sharon, I'm calling your Bishop right now to tell him you need to be a den leader. Right John? :)